Well, what can we all say about 2020? It has certainly been a year for reflection and learning and re-evaluation of what has been accepted as the previous norm and what will 2021 bring us as the new norm?
Before we look forward to a much improved 2021, we thought it would be worth looking back on the positive achievements for the Club during 2020.
As a Club, we find ourselves leaving 2020 in a very positive position through out. The 1st team flying high in the South West Peninsula League has been a real positive this season, after the incomplete last season. Paul Rowe has certainly got his team playing a tune and has raised plenty of eyes around the county with the quality of the football being played by a very young side. It is a real pleasure to watch the 1st team play and that is so nice for the Club and its supporters.
Performance reflection has become a key component of the teams development. Lead by technical coach Dave Witts, the manager has highlighted this as a real driver for the teams improvement.
Keep up to date with the very latest of the 1st team at their dedicated webpage and if you want to get involved please reach out to them on their webpage.
The Ladies team goes from strength to strength, now under the management of Chris Julian and Danielle Smith taking over the reins from Eloise Schutte, who had to step down in October. A massive thank you to Eloise for all the great work she did taking the Ladies team forwards. The positive impact of the Ladies team really shows itself when we look at where the Youth section is developing.
Keep up to date with the very latest of the Ladies team at their dedicated webpage and if you want to get involved please reach out to them on their webpage.
The Youth section goes from strength to strength and we now field 10 teams from Under 9’s through to Under 15’s with 2 dedicated boys teams, 5 dedicated girls teams and 3 mixed boys and girls teams. The growth of the girls and ladies teams is really emphasised when you see these numbers and how the teams are developing.
Check out all the Youth teams dedicated webpages and if you want to get involved please reach out to them on their webpages.
We also tried to get our Veterans side back up and running but unfortunately after a lot of initial interest it petered out. Thanks to Paul Heather for trying and he has confirmed he will give it a go again next season. If you would like to get your boots out of the shed next season please reach out to Paul Heather on 07961 548915.
The only negative with regard teams was the loss of our 2nd team from the St Pirans League. We will look to reform this in the future as a development team for the 1st team to enable the younger players to transition from youth to adult football and keep the best players within the Club structure whilst supporting the goals of the 1st team.
Website and Social Media
The Club website and social media presence has gone through a major redevelopment and we are really pleased at where we currently find ourselves with these channels. The new website now provides information on:
- Webpages for each of our 12 teams which includes regular updates for:
- Latest team news
- League table
- Latest team photos
- Latest team videos
- Team squad
- List of all our events, including upcoming matches
- The Bridgers Blog where we provide all the news from right across the Club in one place
- Our very popular Club Shop which brings you all the latest Club football kit, training kit and fan merchandise all ready for you to purchase with the click of a button.
- Our very latest Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedures, as The Club acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of every child and young person who has been entrusted to its care and is committed to working to provide a safe environment for all members. We subscribe to The Football Association’s Safeguarding Children – Policy and Procedures and endorse and adopt the Policy Statement contained in that document. Check out all our latest Safeguarding information there.
- Our latest Covid guidance page has been setup to provide a single source to check out the very latest guidance and news, including our required risk assessment and how we are keeping all visitors to Bodieve Park safe for both adults and youth matches.
- Our Social Media channels have developed too and you can now engage actively with us on Twitter and Facebook plus coming for 2021 on Instagram too.
Dedicated Team of Helpers
The team of dedicated workers behind the scenes should never be overlooked. Their dedication to making the Club function during these very difficult times has been amazing to be a part of. All members of the Main Club Committee and Youth Committee must be congratulated for keeping moving forwards and making things as positive as possible during this strange time. We thank every single one of them on behalf of the Club from the bottom of our hearts. Without them we have no Club!
A Very Happy New 2021
All in all, between the very difficult times we have all found ourselves, it is nice to look back on a lot of positive things happening around the Club and we wish you all a very happy 2021 and look forward to welcoming you all back to Bodieve Park as soon as we are able to.
Please stay safe out there and have a very happy 2021.