On Tuesday we welcome the players, supporters and officials of St Dennis to Bodieve Park for this SWPL encounter.
Both sides come into this one following good results at the weekend. St Dennis emerged with a 4-2 win against Penzance whilst we beat Launceston 7-2.
Once again we conceded first but I’m pleased with our ability to clear our heads and go again. It’s something I’ve challenged the lads to be better at this season, we had to revisit it after our defeat to Helston, but the penny seems to have dropped.
We went down to 10 in the second half but managed to score a further 3 times which was pleasing.
I was hoping to give Kyle Flew a breather but he had to be introduced and added two more to his seasons tally.
It was great to be able to reintroduce Sam Gerken into the set up. Sam has undertaken his own injury prevention programme in a bid to decrease the ankle sprains that have dogged him in recent years. The whole club has their fingers crossed that this has done the trick for this proper Bridger.
On a less positive note, Lewis Prince making his first start since knee trouble, appears to have had a recurrence of the problem. Hopefully it’s not as serious and we can see Lewis sooner rather than later.
Despite a couple of nice victories down at Boscowen Park since I got involved with the first team, this home fixture has seen us winless in that time. I’m desperate to put that right on Tuesday night.
St Dennis have had a mixed start but their 2-1 win against Liskeard is rapidly looking like one of the results of the season so far. They also scored 3 times in defeat at Saltash and will be dangerous opponents as always.
Incredibly we’ve already won more league games at home than we did all of last season. Let’s hope we can add to that number on Tuesday.
Enjoy the game,
Please help us ensure a Covid Safe Bodieve Park
To ensure we provide a Covid safe environment for everyone at Bodieve Park, we will be operating on match day as follows:
Entering the Ground
- Entrance is through the Main Gate only
- At the gate please either:
- present the NHS App for scanning our venue QR code for Track and Trace purposes;
- or if you have not got a SnartPhone, please provide us your name and contact phone number which we will record on a manual paper record.
- Entrance fees are:
- £5 for Adults
- £3 for Seniors and Children
- Must be in groups of no more than 6 and keep socially distanced with a 1m minimum.
- Open but following social distancing guidelines including:
- masks must be worn at all times when standing within clubhouse
- one way system in operation with entrance via decking and exit through old main door
- table seating with max sized groups of 6
- table ordering and delivery only
- All Four Open – Two available for Home Team and Two for Away.
- MAX 6 players allowed at any time, prior, during or after the game.
- Showers Available – MAX 2 players to use at any time.
- Follow FA guidelines for socially distanced celebrations
- Only those directly involved with the team for Tuesday allowed inside the barrier.
- Spaced as well as possible within the space provided.
- Everyone else MUST remain outside barrier.
Please follow the above to ensure we can continue to provide football for your entertainment.