On Saturday we welcome the players, officials and supporters of Porthleven for this SWPL match.
Delighted to be coming into this one with 15 points out of 21 after losing our opening fixture.
Lockdown was a time for reflection on so many fronts, those that know me well won’t be surprised to learn I spent plenty of time thinking and plotting about how we could be better this time around. I had a plan of how we could be more competitive this season. A way of playing and set about finding the personnel with the physical attributes required in each position to pull it off.
The first 25 minute performance against St Dennis was the picture I had in my minds eye on those days of planning. I can normally find something to moan about but I just found myself applauding.
It’s always hard to maintain such levels, and on reflection the disappointment was we only had a one goal lead to shown for that spell.
We went on to win the match 4-3 and whilst there are lessons to learn about how we managed the game. I saw a new, higher ceiling to our performance levels, albeit for a short spell, which we can try to emulate going forward.
Porthleven have picked up nicely in the last couple of weeks and will provide stern opposition as always.
Winning 3-1 away against today’s opponents in the Senior Cup last season ended a long winless run and also finished a series of heavy defeats for me against The Fishermen since I took over.
Kieran Rowe (suspended) and Dan Metherall (house move) are missing today but we welcome back Matt Lloyd and Ryan Yeoman who were unavailable midweek.
We have already won twice as many home games as we did all of last season, let’s hope we extend our run today.
Enjoy the game
Please help us ensure a Covid Safe Bodieve Park
To ensure we provide a Covid safe environment for everyone at Bodieve Park, we will be operating on match day as follows:
Entering the Ground
- Entrance is through the Main Gate only
- At the gate please either:
- present the NHS App for scanning our venue QR code for Track and Trace purposes;
- or if you have not got a SnartPhone, please provide us your name and contact phone number which we will record on a manual paper record.
- Entrance fees are:
- £5 for Adults
- £3 for Seniors and Children
- Must be in groups of no more than 6 and keep socially distanced with a 1m minimum.
- Open but following social distancing guidelines including:
- masks must be worn at all times when standing within clubhouse
- one way system in operation with entrance via decking and exit through old main door
- table seating with max sized groups of 6
- table ordering and delivery only
- All Four Open – Two available for Home Team and Two for Away.
- MAX 6 players allowed at any time, prior, during or after the game.
- Showers Available – MAX 2 players to use at any time.
- Follow FA guidelines for socially distanced celebrations
- Only those directly involved with the team for Tuesday allowed inside the barrier.
- Spaced as well as possible within the space provided.
- Everyone else MUST remain outside barrier.
Please follow the above to ensure we can continue to provide football for your entertainment.