On Tuesday we welcome the players, officials and supporters of Bodmin Town for this Kitchen Kit SWPL match.
I must admit after our last home game here I was a little worried about what sort of shape we would be in coming into this derby match. It wasn’t the fact that we lost 5-3 to Saltash, they are a good side and that can happen, it was the way that defeat came about, a horrendous penalty decision which we never mentally recovered from, which led to two red cards. At the time it felt like everything fell apart at the seams.
Thankfully the lads appear to be made of stern stuff this season and put in a cracking performance to beat Liskeard the following midweek. We showed a personality on the ball that elevated us beyond anything we had produced this season.
It was this resilience that had me hopeful of a big performance at Mousehole despite having several players unavailable and the lads didn’t disappoint.
Not quite carrying the threat of midweek, the lads had to dig in and worked tirelessly for a point against a very good side. It was a tremendous shift.
Thankfully we can welcome a few lads back to freshen everything up. Bodmin will be another big test. I was impressed by their performance against Helston last week. Wadebridge old boy Dan Jennings always carries a threat and they stayed in the game to deservedly get a point.
I’m excited to see how we get on against a team packed with experience and quality.
Finally, congratulations to Sam Wickins who scored Truro’s goal which helped them progress to the first round of the FA Youth Cup last week. Good work Sam.
Enjoy the game
Please help us ensure a Covid Safe Bodieve Park
To ensure we provide a Covid safe environment for everyone at Bodieve Park, we will be operating on match day as follows:
Entering the Ground
- Entrance is through the Main Gate only
- At the gate please either:
- present the NHS App for scanning our venue QR code for Track and Trace purposes;
- or if you have not got a SnartPhone, please provide us your name and contact phone number which we will record on a manual paper record.
- Entrance fees are:
- £5 for Adults
- £3 for Seniors and Children
- Must be in groups of no more than 6 and keep socially distanced with a 1m minimum.
- Open but following social distancing guidelines including:
- masks must be worn at all times when standing within clubhouse
- one way system in operation with entrance via decking and exit through old main door
- table seating with max sized groups of 6
- table ordering and delivery only
- All Four Open – Two available for Home Team and Two for Away.
- MAX 6 players allowed at any time, prior, during or after the game.
- Showers Available – MAX 2 players to use at any time.
- Follow FA guidelines for socially distanced celebrations
- Only those directly involved with the team for Tuesday allowed inside the barrier.
- Spaced as well as possible within the space provided.
- Everyone else MUST remain outside barrier.
Please follow the above to ensure we can continue to provide football for your entertainment.